For the 4th: I normally just have the children cover our front sidewalk in red, white, and blue chalk drawings but here is a cute, printable Independence Day craft at Allsorts.
Other July plans:
- Learn, really learn, to sew in a zipper. I've gotten lucky before but I'd like to be able to sew some lightweight a-line skirts for summer.
- The Tour de Fleece! Another goofy wool/sports hybrid. Like the Ravelympics, but for spinners and following the Tour de France instead. Why do knitters insist on cramming fiber arts and sports together? I know not, but I do it here too. There's nothing better than knitting during a Cowboy game.
- Serious work in the garden. Our neighbors chopped down one of their trees which opens up so many new possibilities. In my mind all of the possibilities revolve around Ginkos.
- School planning (whimper). I hoped to start in July, but that's not looking likely. I've narrowed down our choices already. There's not much more to do but purchase everything (whimper) and create the outline for the year. I'm actually very excited to be planning lessons for two children now. There will be a muffin day. :)
- Take the children to the pool.
- Celebrate my son's sixth birthday (whimper again).
- Enjoy visiting with my sister.
Ballet kills my blog. We're in the midst of summer camp. Posting will be light for awhile (apparently).