You know those songs that you kind of hate, but when they come on the radio you can't change the station? I have several:
- If You Leave Me Now - Chicago
- Say You, Say Me - Lionel Ritchie - my sister commented that she particularly dislikes the upbeat middle section.
- Somebody's Knockin - Terry Gibbs
- Summer Breeze - Seals and Crofts - cannot change it
- I Go Crazy - Paul Davis (shhh.. I actually have this CD...)
- And the one song that inspired the list! Sail On by The Commodores. Is there any better line in music history than, "You know it ain't so hard to say - Would you please just go away?" Awesome.
I'm sure there are so many more I can't think of right now. And looking at the list, maybe it's not the songs, but the late 1970s to early 1980s that make me cringe.
And the finally song that make me cringe and has pretty much turned me off of modern country music permanently, Ticks by Brad Paisley. It's not cute or funny or clever. It's just gross. Checking someone's body for vermin? That's romantic? Really? I have NO problem changing the station on that one. And also anything by Spandau Ballet.